How to Update CADlink Software
With the new patch recently releasing let's learn how to update CADlink software.
If you haven't already, you will want to back up your device queues and print modes.
Like backing up print modes and queues, it's a simple process, once you have done it.
- Go up top to the main menu: Help ->Check For Updates...
- A prompt box pops up telling you CADlink will connect to their servers and check for an update. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- If there is an update available you will see another prompt box pop up on the screen telling you so. It will ask you to click Next.
- If CADlink is still running, which it probably is at this point, you will need to close it. Close the application main window, not this prompt that we are currently in. It should also be said that before running an update patch, make sure you have no jobs processing at the moment. This current screen will also remind you of this. After CADlink is closed, click next again.
- You will now see a download progress bar. When it's finished a new box will tell you and you can close it out. Simply restart Digital Factory Direct To Film edition, and you are good to go with the update! Typically, your print modes and queues are maintained, but if needed you can import either after the restart.